Texas GSA Network
The Texas Gay-Straight Alliance Network is a youth-led statewide program that connects school-based Gay Straight Alliance (GSA) student clubs to one another through peer support, leadership development, and training.
The Texas GSA Network supports youth in starting, strengthening, and sustaining GSAs with by increasing their capacity to:
- Create safe environments in schools for students to support each other and learn about transphobia, homophobia, and other types of oppression
- Educate their school community about homophobia, gender identity, and sexual orientation issues
- Fight discrimination, harassment, and violence in schools
The work of the Texas GSA Network takes on many forms, including:
- Providing tools and resources to LGBTQIA and ally youth to support them in starting, strengthening, and sustaining their GSA clubs
- Offering training and workshops to support youth in organizing against oppression in their schools and communities
- Hosting annual youth activism camps, to build youth leadership and knowledge
- Hosting regular local GSA club mixers, where students can get together and talk about how they are making change in their schools and communities
If you have any questions about the Texas GSA Network or if you would like help starting your own GSA, please contact Andi Gentile, Regional Director, at 512.419.1233 or firstname.lastname@example.org.